Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I caught your gaze among the crowds today

I caught your gaze among the crowds today
My heart couldn’t help but skip a beat
I remember the day that you went away
The day my heart had been badly hit

It’s been so long but the pain’s still clear
And I knew that you knew and you saw it, too
If I’d only known that I’d meet you here
I wouldn’t have come and wouldn’t have you

We have hurt each other badly in the past
With no one else to blame but us
Day by day grinding our precious love to dust
For pride had clearly come between us

And when we decided not to fight
We truly didn’t have anything left anyway
The pain was so real and nothing seemed right
We had no more tears to shed and nothing more to say

And in all those years that I spent without you
I couldn’t help but wonder if you did still care
Have we really changed from lover into foe?
Have all of our dreams been changed to nightmare?

I saw the answer in your gaze today
The same regret that I’ve carried for years
We held our gazes and then looked away
I knew it was too late and I fought back my tears

So once again, we walked away from each other
Silently agreeing that today never happened
For there’s simply no hope to be together
When two hearts had been so badly burnt

We walked away and didn’t look back
We shouldn’t have met today or ever
It added to the burden that was already too heavy to drag
For ours was a lost case, a lost love, lost forever

You shouldn’t have caught my gaze among the crowds today
But we have held our gazes far too long
We’ve seen questions, regrets but no answer before looking away
And continued our separate lives under a sad sad song

We shouldn’t have caught each other’s gazes among the crowds today
So at least we could continue our endless sorrowful waiting
Now that we’ve met again, I have nothing to say
For all the pain that if brought, love is just one sorrowful thing

Arleen Amidjaja
25 Oct 06
14:40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home