Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Elegy on Motherhood

I used to be the master of my own time
Using it in ways that please my young heart
Never with caution for I always had plenty
To splurge around everything and even around nothing

I used to be the owner of my very own heart
Flaunting it so gaily for there was no burden
Each step lightly taken as the road’s flat and smooth
To run towards places or even toward nowhere

I used to be the center of my living universe
Living it in ways that suit my own style
Took it for granted for I knew no other way
To have been served by many and also by myself

And then …
I entered motherhood…

And now even one second is deemed worth saving
For time has become both so precious and scarce
With nappies to change and bottles to wash
As the sand in the hourglass came pouring down fast

And now even my heart was stolen fro me
And held in a pair of small tiny hands
I was soon enough lost in each look, in each smile
I’ve been abruptly imprisoned as a slave of love

And now I have found the center of mynew universe
A universe so demanding and yet so rewarding
A labyrinth of emotions that I have to conquer
To serve, to be hurt for love in return

I have traded everything for love
And I will gladly do it again

Sunday 25 June 2006 22:10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home