Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I just thought it was time

I started with a full in my energy pool
Using as needed as I rolled on
Not knowing where the midpoint is
Not to mention where the endpoint is

The full energy soon became not so full
But rolling on was still so much fun
I knew that I was heading for something good
So I enjoyed the travel as mush as I could

Opening gifts full of surprises
Laughed on some, shed tears on others
Keeping some and leaving the rest
Looking forward to opening new ones

I went on with a half in my energy pool
Using it more wisely as I continued rolling on
Still now knowing when to stop
That is, if I should at all stop
Speculating on other areas to be conquered
Bu boring patterns soon appeared
Losing energy, I made more but smaller hops
Wondering if there was really something to be called the top

Pondering on the meaning of the word enough
Contemplating whether to put another bet
Taking inventory of what I, so far, had have
Trying to foresee all that were ahead

I adopted stricter rule for the energy pool
For ach and every top was just an illusion
What was the use of a tank that was once full?
When the end is nowhere within vision

One day I decided to stop
Not due to inventory overload
Not because I could see the rest of the road
There was no clear reason why I stopped

I just thought it was time
2 May 97

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home