Saturday, July 29, 2006

Singapore Thirteen Years Later

I stopped by Singapore just the other day
I didn’t chose to be there but I just had to
And all the memories came flooding back
And filled me with feelings I never knew I had

Looking at my old school, the building was brand new
If it wouldn’t for the name on its gate, I wouldn’t recognize it
And the once so familiar street was not familiar anymore
And walking inside a building I used to visit a lot was like walking into a brand new building

I looked among the faces I saw on the street,
Trying to find one or two familiar faces. I found none.
How could the taxi driver told me nothing have changed?
When I found changed streets, changed buildings and
I guess a city grows together with its people.
And I guess I have grown, too

Thirteen years are not a short period of time
And maybe I’m not the exact same girl that I used to be
But I’ll keep my own memories forever,
I’ll save my own version of the city
And even if in the end, there’s nothing same aside from the name, Singapore,
I will always remember that I once had you as a second home
15 Feb 06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home