Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tortured

For one true love I’ve left behind
For all the dreams I’ve set aside
I have a regret of some kind
For my so clearly lack of fight

And now I stand and mourn alone
And shed my tears that’s way past due
And feel the pains right thru my bone
Ones I caused rather than my foe

I always wonder why I did
not stand and put a fight for us
And now all that I have is bit
and pieces of things from the past

Like empty hopes and broken dream
I know will always haunt me still
And even if I cry and scream
As far as farthest vale and hill

And now I sleep and cry alone
Until my tears have flowed no more
For the only true live I have known
Has left me empty to the core

I paid for giving up too soon
For not fighting for love that’s mine
And now my life I know is ruined
And nothing seems so fair or fine

If only I could turn back time
To hold you in my arms again
My days’ll be full of songs and rhyme
And not just breathing soul in vain

26 Mar 06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home