Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lost Love

When I first saw you there in the old school days
You looked past my mask right into my soul
And I had a slight hope that you’re willing to stay
To walk by my side forever and more

Then we strolled hand in hand on some winding roads
You walked away once and never look back
And I waited each night till my candles burnt out
You’ve left me behind and never come home

When I then realized we’re half world apart
My tears have erased all the memories we had
And I stopped my waiting and strived to live on
To walk by myself for as long as I need

Then on one afternoon when the rain beat my roof
You knocked on my door and saw right thru my heart
If only you told me you would come again soon
I would have waited standing at my door

But now you’re just a shadow of what could have been
Remnants of the past when time was different
So I waved you good bye and shut my door tight
Our paths have once split we could go back no more

17 April 2006 21:20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home