Friday, July 07, 2006

Candy and Me

(A Poem for my Stuffed Animal)

I caught your eyes several days before my sixteenth birthday
My heart leaped on your lovely gaze
And I knew right there and then
That we are meant to be together

On my sixteenth birthday we were already together
You and I through eternity
You laughed at me when I tried on my lipstick,
but I forgave you
‘cause you never laughed at my mistakes
when all the others did
You smiled with me when I won the Math competition
You comforted me when I screamed
in front of a lizard in my bedroom

You were with me when I had to go away to college
You stayed awake with me
when I was writing my term papers
that were due the next day

You shed happy tears with me when I graduated
And comforted me when I got my first scolding from my first boss
You were there to help me pull through friends’ betrayals

And during the times when the sun was not shining for me,
you curled with me in the dark
And during the times when I feel all alone in the cruel universe,
you made me see that I wasn’t
And during the times when no other single creature understand me,
you do
And during the times when I was crying my heart out,
you did not complain even though my tears wet you all over

And after all these years,
through each and every thick and thin,
you were there for me
And I know for sure that we will always be together
My yellow stuffed duck and me

For Candy with love

8 Nov 98 22:20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home